- 3 ounces broccoli slaw
- 1 ounce raw pea pods, diced
- 1/3 cup raw tomatoes, diced
- 1 ounce red pepper hummus
- 1 ounce ripe avocado, diced (over-ripe is okay, too)
- 2 ounces vegetarian lunchmeat, diced*
- Optional: Put the broccoli slaw in a microwave-safe container, add a few tablespoons of water, and blanch it for 60-90 seconds in the microwave. (If you are not used to consuming raw vegetables, this step will help minimize bloating or gas that can occur when consuming broccoli.) Once the broccoli has cooked, drain off the water.
- Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix with a spoonula until thoroughly combined. (30-60 seconds should do the trick.)
- You can eat this meal warm (so, immediately if you chose to blanch the broccoli), or at room temp, or cold. (I.e., this dish can be refrigerated up to 12-24 hours, and eaten straight from the fridge.)
Makes 1 serving.
Nutritional information per serving (approximates): 240 calories, 8.5 g fat, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 17 g protein.
Mental Cost (ingredient availability): Wildly low
Financial Cost (ingredient cost): Very low
Emotional Cost (cooking skill level): Crazy low
Time Cost (recipe preparation): Reasonably low
Life Cost (clean up time/effort): Super low
Worth It? (rate from 1-5): 4.75
Miscellaneous suggestions, insights, and/or thoughts:
- I adore this meal. Not only did I “invent” it from scratch, but I think it tastes fantastic. And it really does remind me of a yummy, messy sandwich. :)
- I usually make this dish for work. I whip it up the night before, pack it in the fridge, and when morning comes around I’m all set to jet – no scrambling to try and pull a sack lunch together in the morning.